Thursday, October 15, 2009

Scared


Moving from Fear to Friendship

Every Thursday I walk through the halls of Nautilus Middle School scared. "Will they remember me?" I just don't seem to grasp the idea that the Dreamers actually remember all of us. How they are capable of remembering our faces so clearly, to remember all the little conversations we've had--books, movies, even our family--really surprises me, but more than anything it fills a part of my heart with a warmth found in their smiling faces. To see them brighten up with curiosity... "what will we do next? what are we going to talk about now? Are we going to teach them about Nicaragua?"... it makes me want to be with them everyday, to teach them more and more, to lead them through the right path to success. When I'm with them they bring out the little kid in me and I try to bring the out the college student in them. So every Thursday these kids and I lose ourselves in time and learn from each other once more. How I wish it wouldn't end so soon.

~Thalia Anyosa

No comments:

Post a Comment