Thursday, October 1, 2009

From One Generation to Another

PIC-0283

This is my second time experiencing the I Have a Dream program at Nautilus Middle School. I had my doubts today whether I would continue visiting the school. I had not thought of the effects my presence with the kids would have, however. Today at the school, I realized how knowledge and experience can be shared from one generation to another. Working with our group today, I had the experience of understanding why it is important to be there for the Dreamers.

Kids were asked to formulate questions based on the Nicaragua project. From the same questions they brought up, my ears and mind opened up widely. I could have never imagined these youngsters having such brilliant ideas to help those in need. I find it astonishing how they asked and listened to our feedback. It feels s great to know that children at Nautilus Middle School await our arrival. I feel committed to guide them and help them become better people in life.

~Carlos Hernandez

No comments:

Post a Comment