Thursday, October 1, 2009

A Good Feeling

PIC-0278
As we grow up, we face changes that help us understand why are we alive and what are we doing with our lives. Today, I visited Nautilus Middle School with some of my college mates and professors. Going there to help the I Have a Dream program was such a good feeling, because if there is something that I love personally, it is to make people happy, and I can say that those kids, the Dreamers, enjoyed the day a little bit more than usual. I am a current student at Miami Dade College and as a student, I have the opportunity to get involved in a variety of organizations, and I think that tutoring the kids is one of the best activities I could do, simply because we, as a team, can put a smile in the kids’ faces.

Our goal is to encourage the kids to go to college and graduate. The program has been helping them since they were in first grade, and now we can see how much they have grown and learned not only from school but from each other too. Kids use to copy and do what they see in others. Being part of this beautiful team is showing me the great impact and influence we have in their lives. They have so much potential; they are so energetic and full of life and I think we really enjoy being together. As I said before, we will always have changes, and I hope them to smile every time they remember these beautiful moments.

~Betsabe Nalbandian

No comments:

Post a Comment